These past few weeks being Mummy has been tiring. The twins have decided that sleep is an unnecessary part of life, especially during the night and they require feeding at least hourly. Growth spurt? Teething? Perhaps.
And to top it all off I’m now full of cold. Bleurgh.
My diet has been rubbish too, I’ve succumbed to the fast sugar fixes of chocolate and biscuits so today it needs to change. I need to feel better!
The fridge and pantry has been filled with good stuff so the best way to get going today has been with a smoothie. This is a pretty gentle one but I’ll be adding some more unusual ingredients in the coming weeks, which I’ll share with you!
There’s some pretty amazing super foods in here, most found in the majority of weekly food shops, others you made need to buy specially.
- Berries – one cup (high nutritional value and antioxidants, low in calories. I like frozen mixed berries for smoothies as I save my fresh berries to go on top of cereal. Mine includes red currants, blueberries, blackcurrants, raspberries and strawberries)
- Avocado – half (healthy fat, high in fibre and potassium)
- Banana – one whole (high in fibre, great for energy)
- Chia seeds – one tablespoon (high in omega-3 fatty acids, protein and fibre)
- Oats – 1/2 cup (high in fibre and antioxidants, keeps hunger at bay)
- Fruit juice – 200ml (I like orange usually but today I’ve used Innocent Apple and Elderflower juice)
I hate being exact with measurements so feel free to change it up as you like. This is a really thick and filling smoothie so is also great for breakfast. Chia seeds will also soak up a lot of fluid so drink it fresh! Enjoy!